Monday, February 28, 2011

 

Avenue C, Friday February 25, 2011

Sat in for Don on his usual Friday night gig. This was my 3rd February Avenue C this year.
The playlist was as follows:

Artist : Mitch Kashmar Composition: Song For My Father Album / CD : Live At Labatt Blies Festival (Edmonton, AL Aug, 2007)
Artist : Horace Silver Composition: The Cape Verdean Blues Album / CD : The Cape Verdean Blues
Artist : Cassandra Wilson Composition: Went Down to St James Infirmary Album / CD : Silver Pony
Artist : Robert Glasper Composition: Yes, I'm A Country Boy (And That's OK) Album / CD : Double Booked
Artist : Jacky Terrasson Composition: Ruby, My Dear Album / CD : Push
Artist : McCoy Tyner Composition: Naima Album / CD : Solo
Artist : Thelonius Monk Quartet Composition: Bye-Ya Album / CD : At Carnegie Live
Artist : Lew Tabackin Quartet Composition: I Wished on The Moon Album / CD : What A Little Moonlight Can Do
Artist : Tim Warfield Composition: Sentimental Journey Album / CD : Sentimental Journey
Artist : Johnny Vidacovich Composition: Black Madonna Album / CD : Banks Street
Artist : Monty Alexander, Ray Brown, Herb Ellis Composition: C. C. Rider Album / CD : Straight Ahead
Artist : Eric Reed Composition: Ask Me Now Album / CD : The Dancing Monk
Artist : Peter Bernstein Composition: Bemsha Swing Album / CD : Monk
Artist : Thelonius Monk Composition: I'm Getting Sentimental Over You Album / CD : Thelonius Himself
Artist : Thelonius Monk Composition: I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good Album / CD : Thelonius Plays Ellington
Artist : Robert Glasper Composition: Maiden Vzoyage / Everything in Its Right Place Album / CD : In My Element
Artist : Either Orchestra Composition: The (One Kind OF) Shimmy Album / CD : Mood Music for Time Travelers
Artist : Jacky Terrasson Trio Composition: Things Ain't What They Used To Be Album / CD : Alive
Artist : Thelonius Monk Composition: This Is My Story, This Is My Song Album / CD : Straight, No Chaser

Long night @ the station. A few calls re. Mr. Glasper.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'm sorry I missed this show. This looks like a terrific bowl of Monkish All-Sorts.
 
Yep, twas brilling and the Monks did jape and jibe that night.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?